Shon Flaharty is the CEO & Managing Partner of Flaharty Asset Management. He has been a financial advisor since 1995 and a registered principal of LPL Financial since 2007. Shon attended the University of Miami (FL) on a football scholarship where he earned his BBA in Finance in 1987. Shon earned his Certified Financial Planner designation while at Merrill Lynch where he spent approximately ten years as a Senior Financial Advisor. Shon also worked as a Senior Vice President and Private Client Advisor at the Private Bank at Bank of America for over three years.
Shon has spoken at national business conferences on topics ranging from investment discipline to investor behavior. During his years at Merrill Lynch, Shon traveled the country teaching investment and planning concepts to his peers.
Shon founded Flaharty Asset Management with a clear vision in mind to work with a limited number of families, not only to provide a first class independent investment platform, but also to provide the services of a family wealth management office.
Please see below for registration states.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance), University of Miami (FL)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP® Practitioner)
Registrations & Licenses held with LPL
- AIF - Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- Series 7 General Securities Registered Representative
- Series 24 Registered Securities Principal
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Advisor Act
Insurance Registrations & Licenses held
- Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Variable Annuity
Shon and his wife Renee have been married since February 1990 and have three children. Acting on his passion for giving back to the community, the entire Flaharty family is involved in numerous charities and organizations. Shon’s hobbies include spending time with his family, golf, wine, reading, boating and travel.