James Degenhardt is a Senior Vice President with Flaharty Asset Management, and has been a financial consultant since 2003. James began his career in financial services with Deloitte & Touche and comes to LPL Financial from Wells Fargo Private Bank, where he spent six years as a Vice President and Wealth Advisor. Prior to that, James worked as a Regional Vice President and Wealth Advisor at Neuberger Berman. James also had the position of Vice President and Trust Officer at SunTrust Bank and First Union Capital Management.
James specializes in helping client’s create and grow wealth, protect and preserve wealth, and plan for the distribution of wealth during life and at death in the most tax-advantaged way.
James is registered in the following states: FL, GA,NY, SC, VA
- Dartmouth College, A.B. in History with minor in Economics
- Stern Business School at New York University, Masters of Science in Accounting
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Tampa Museum of Art (TMA) Foundation, Trustee
- ARC Foundation Festival of Trees Committee
- Pinellas County Estate Planning Council, Member
- Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council, Board of Directors
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Dartmouth Club of Tampa Bay, Board of Directors
- Florida Orchestra Board of Consultants
James has two children, James Michael and Makenzie Kathleen.